Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving... and Go Horns!

This Thanksgiving I have so much to be thankful for. My family is healthy, safe, and happy; I have the privilege to attend a great university and learn from amazing teachers; I'm surrounded by great friends in Austin who are always there for me; and it looks like my Texas Longhorns are headed to the Big 12 (and maybe even National) Championship.

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays- I have a huge extended family in Austin and my parents and siblings always come to town to eat with about 40 of my cousins, aunts and uncles at my Aunt Katie's house in Buda. We always make too much food, too much noise, and everyone likes to talk trash to each other in and out of the kitchen.

After we've eaten to our heart's content, football is the name of the game. First we watch the Cowboys, and then attend or tune into the always exciting Texas vs. Texas A&M rivalry game. This year the game is in college station at Kyle Field, so unfortunately I won't be able to go, but that means that we can lounge around and watch the game with extra servings of pumpkin pie. Texas is still undefeated, and I'm not too worried about their game today. Although A&M always brings immense energy to the rivalry game, their 6-5 record doesn't scare me much.

Texas' win against Kansas guaranteed us a spot in the Big 12 Championship, but if we do great against the Aggies today, we're one step closer to the National Championship in Pasadena, California. Hopefully we'll make it all the way, but even if we don't, there's plenty to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment